Innovative Performance Solutions Make Cleaning Easier, Faster and More Effective
In 1797, Massachusetts farmer Levi Dickinson changed cleaning forever when he crafted a “modern” broom for his wife using the tassels of sorghum, a grain he was growing for the seeds. Levi’s broom was a definite improvement from the original bundles of twigs tied together and attached to a stick that date back to ancient times.
And although the broom is still used today, it’s no secret that technology continues to change the way we do things. We’re lucky to live in a world where science can help make our lives easier and rethink how we complete our daily tasks. Innovative performance solutions in the commercial cleaning industry continue to pave the way for us to serve our customers better than ever before.
Here are several industry innovations and trends that are taking commercial cleaning to a new level of performance:
- HEPA Filter Lightweight Backpack Vacuums.* A powerful and portable cleanup solution, the Makita 18V X2 LXT® Lithium-Ion (36V) Brushless Cordless ½ Gallon HEPA Filter Backpack Dry Vacuum is easy for both male and female cleaners to handle and eliminates extension cords that trail behind corded backpack vacuums. An extremely effective dust extraction solution, the Makita bridges the gap between low-capacity on-board dust extraction systems and larger capacity but less portable wheeled canister job site vacuums.
- Karcher Floor Scrubber.* Award-winning, quick-cleaning Karcher floor scrubbers keep floors looking pristine and clean, while increasing worker productivity and helping to reduce slip and floor hazards. Quiet, compact and completely customizable, these floor scrubbers offer the KIK (Karcher Intelligent Key) system which guards against unwanted operation and allows facility managers to set parameters, such as travel and brush speeds, motor output or cleaning dosage to suit the needs of the particular cleaning task.
- Walk-behind compact floor scrubbers are ideal for daily scrubbing of areas up to 15,000 square feet and provide the best in daytime cleaning.
- Walk-behind floor scrubbers are the most diverse of the scrubber line-up and are ideal for cleaning medium to large areas up to 28,000 square feet per hour efficiently.
- Ride-on floor scrubbers offer the most powerful power and comfort. Designed for industrial use, these robust machines are capable of cleaning up to 64,500 square feet for hour.
- Smart Restrooms. In a “smart restroom,” soap and paper towel dispensers use loT (the internet of things) technology to determine fullness status and usage allowing cleaners to anticipate if a dispenser is running low and refill it before it runs out. Historical usage data is also communicated so future needs can be addressed effectively.
- Green Cleaning. Although this is certainly not a new concept, green cleaning continues to evolve and more and more facilities are demanding environmentally responsible solutions for their cleaning needs.
- Administration. Staying ahead of the curve regarding the “business” of cleaning, such as purchasing, time keeping, inventory control, and new and improved software is key to ensuring accuracy and responsiveness.
*One of 4M’s innovative performance solutions
It is our mission at 4M to stay up-to-date and ahead of the trends, continuously improving and innovating to deliver leading edge, safe and sustainable service solutions for our customers. CLICK HERE to contact us.