Top 5 Reasons to Invest in Industrial Cleaning Services
Keeping a warehouse, factory, or other industrial facility looking, feeling and functioning great requires focused cleaning solutions tailored to these specific environments. Special training, chemicals and equipment are required, and the work can be dangerous and more physically demanding. A top janitorial service will work with you to ensure your facility’s unique needs are met, and that your building is not only clean, but safe.
Here are the top 5 reasons to invest in quality industrial cleaning services:
- Safety. Although safety is of the utmost concern when cleaning all types of facilities, it is of particular importance in an industrial space. Cleaning and Maintenance Management reported that “More than several hundred thousand manufacturing establishments with millions of employees account for roughly eight percent of the U.S. workforce.” That’s a lot of people working in industrial environments who are at safety risk every day. In manufacturing facilities or warehouses, heavy machinery can cause floors to become dirty and greasy quickly. Proper floor cleaning techniques, including industrial vacuuming, can eliminate unsafe slippery surfaces, which can contribute to avoidable slips, trips and falls. Clutter, such as stacks of boxes or overflowing trashcans that block aisles, fire and emergency exits, are also workplace safety concerns and can compromise forklift drivers’ visibility.
- Efficiency. A dirty, cluttered warehouse is not only unsafe; it also doesn’t run as smoothly as one that is orderly and clean. In an organized facility that is free of hazards, employees can focus on their duties and get work done. In some cases, trash from dispensaries needs to be pulled quickly or production shuts down, which can potentially be very costly to the customer.
- Health. Dirt spreads infection, which affects employees’ health and means more sick days and less productivity. With so many workers touching machinery and equipment every day in an industrial facility, it is important to make sure every surface, even those hard-to-reach areas, is bacteria-free. Using specialized chemicals and equipment, a skilled janitorial team can help prevent the spread of germs throughout an industrial facility.
- Cost-Savings. Regular routine cleaning and maintenance will help keep big-ticket items, such as heavy equipment, or the HVAC or electrical system in good working order, prolonging their lifespans and saving you money.
- Expertise. Utilizing the latest in cleaning equipment and methods, a well-trained janitorial team will understand the unique challenges, such as hazardous waste cleanup, of cleaning an industrial space. They adhere to your facility’s specific safety standards and workflow and will make sure your facility stays compliant with MSDS regulations and other restrictions. Their experience will ensure your building is always clean and safe and that your operation stays productive.
Investing in janitorial services for your industrial facility is crucial to a safe and productive working environment. At 4M we invest in our Team Members with ongoing procedural, product and safety training so they can provide the best possible cleaning services for our customers. This is just one of the reasons why we deliver the best, innovative, safe and sustainable cleaning and service solutions for your business. To learn more, give us a call or CLICK HERE to contact us.